We offer the safety course “Personal Safety when Working with Epoxy and Isocyanates”. The course is required by law in Denmark for anyone working with epoxy and/or isocyanate products.
The course conducted in our Composite Training Center, or it can be held as on-site training course or at your company - worldwide.
The participant will complete and pass the course on personal safety when working with epoxy and isocyanates, and is hereafter able to work safely with substances and materials containing epoxy and isocyanates in accordance with Executive Order No. 1793 of December 18 2015, issued by the Danish Working Authority.
When the participant has completed the course, he or she:
- is informed about the health risks associated with working with products containing epoxy and isocyantes.
- is informed about the substitution principle and any bans on usage.
- is able to select and correctly use personal safety equipment and, if required, other safety precautions in accordance with instruction manuals and code numbers.
- is able to ensure that the work with substances and materials is being carried out in accordance with the regulations, until fully hardened, and any hazard or otherwise adverse effects on the health have ceased.
- is able to ensure that workers other than those carrying out the work with the substances and materials, are not in such close proximity to the work, that they may be subjected to any health hazard or adverse health effect.
- is informed about hygienic and welfare precautions.
- is informed about accident and injury treatment, and is able to provide first aid treatment in the event of any exposure to epoxy and isocyanates, and is able to operate the emergency shower and eye flushing bottle.
- is informed about correct disposal of substances and materials containing epoxy and isocyanates.
- is able to ensure that the work area is marked with the correct signs and signals, when work with epoxy and isocyanates takes place.
The participant is able to work safely with both small and large quantities of epoxy resins and isocyanates. During the practical part of the training, the participant has carried out tasks involving product knowledge, the substitution principle, product handling, accident and injury treatment, personal protective equipment, and workplace layout.